Quality Assurance Engineer
We are seeking a QA Engineer that can help maintain a high level of quality in web-based products. The primary products that you would be working with are the desktop and mobile sites and also Android and iOS mobile apps. There are also several other products that we maintain related to the site such as internal tools for development and back-end administrative systems.
The QA Engineer will be responsible for working closely with both our product and development teams to create and execute test plans.
If you are the type of person that not only enjoys testing but are constantly looking for ways to improve your own process and effectiveness then you will thrive in this environment. The ideal candidate is someone who has some Quality Assurance experience, and who is looking to expand their development skills. We are most interested in people that have a passion for the web industry, know how to diligently follow meticulous testing instructions, and have excellent attention to detail.
- Monitor and respond to user feedback forums and help validate community discovered issues. We have a very involved and active community that is not afraid to offer feedback and suggestions. You will be working with all areas of the business to help determine the validity of any issues raised through our forum or mobile app reviews.
- Manage and curate the bug backlog. You will take ownership of software quality. As a part of this you will find yourself working with other engineers and the QA Manager to ensure that critical bugs are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Work with developers to ensure they understand the issue and that their solution is adequate. When you find an issue with design or implementation you will work directly with the responsible developer to ensure they understand the problem they are trying to fix. Often this is as simple as a comment or ticket in JIRA. More complicated issues may require closer collaboration.
- Work with our product team to fully understand requirements. You will join a team of engineers and participate in every stage of the development process from discovery to deployment. To do this you can’t mindlessly follow instructions, you need to understand what you’re looking for and ultimately what the product goals are.
- 2+ years’ experience in a QA role testing web or mobile app-based applications.
- You have experience in automated unit or functional testing: PHPUnit, Behat, Cucumber, Selenium, Sahi.
- You have experience with continuous integration platforms: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo.
- You have experience the Atlassian stack: Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo.
- Some experience testing IT platforms
- Effectiveness in communicating with both technology and business teams.
- Demonstrable attention to detail.
- Looking to advance their career on the QA path or looking to grow into a full software development role in the long term.
- Collaborative attitude and a desire to work closely with others.
- Ability to understand the issue, identify potential risk, and determine the testing needed to ensure no additional issues arise.
- Manage testing activity to support multiple projects or bugs while meeting deadlines and ensuring quality
- Ability to think outside the box as a Slickdealsuser to understand and recreate issues..
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Understand how to read and execute test plan.
For consideration Contact Us