We are looking for a Software Architect with a primary focus on back-end platforms to join us in designing and delivering forward thinking applications to improve user experience (15 million monthly visitors). You will help ensure that as an engineering organization we are implementing a maintainable platform that balances scalability, performance and reliability. You will work closely with our software engineers, product teams, and business teams to create a winning platform.
- Identifies and takes advantage of opportunities to improve maintainability and speed to market for application features.
- Provides technological and software design leadership for our development teams.
- Helps advance our engineers’ understanding of design and development best practices.
- Evaluates and recommends tools, technologies, processes and methodologies to produce a high-quality solution
- Translates business requirements into effective technology solutions that meet our business needs efficiently.
- Documents and communicates technology direction to both engineers and the business
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Has a track record of success in designing and building web services or web applications in a high scale, high performance environment.
- Is proficient in and successfully implemented many of these software development best practices: design patterns, automated testing, continuous deployment, monitorability and other software development best practices.
- Is familiar with and capable of working in a LAMP stack.
- Has experience successfully identifying and resolving performance issues across a full-stack.
- Communicates effectively with both technical and business team members in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Can rapidly assess multiple solutions for a problem and articulating the pros and cons of each solution
- Has experience mentoring, training, and providing technical leadership to software developers.
- Will lead from the front when necessary but understands when to fall back and let the rest of the team take over ownership of a project.
For consideration Contact Us